Friday, 2 July 2010

Last Doctor Who/Chemical Love

First off....LAST DOCTOR WHO?! OH MY GOD?!
It was....pretty amazing. I realise this is like a week off, but I didn't get round to writing this. I think that this was one of the best episodes of this series. I've really liked Matt Smith as The Doctor, and I think that although Steven Motaff isn't the best writer in the world, Matt has really worked with it and become his own Doctor. I also love the bowtie.

Secondly, I thought I would talk about chemical love. Basically, the science behind love.
The main hormone in love is dopamine, a catecholamine neurotransmitter which basically means it sends a message in your brain to get you to react to the person you're seeing. Then there is norepinephrine which is the chemical that gets you in the mood, and basically focuses you on one person. Obviously there is a lot more to it than this, but that's the basic idea. If you want to learn the full thing, listen to this podcast.
The way I first found out about this was purely due to the wonderful Charlie McDonnell, who's song about Chemical Love can be found here.

I'm really tired so I'll do a thing about dinosaurs tomorrow.
And NASA.

No comments:

Post a Comment