Friday, 20 August 2010

Nebulas

So I knew I needed to post something in here, but I didn't know what. Then I was on tumblr, and I saw one of the many nebula pictures come up on my dash from the multiple space/universe/nebula blogs I'm following, and it made me think: what is a nebula. Yes, they're really pretty, look amazing, and they're interesting....but what actually are they?
Nebula is latin for cloud. It is an accumulation of dust and gas, or an 'interstellar cloud'. The gas, dust and other material clumps together to form a ball of matter, which then attracts more matter and will eventually become a star. The remaining materials then form planets and other planetary system objects. I love that, planetary system. Sounds awesome.
Anyway, instead of ranting on for ages, enjoy some images, most if not all taken by the Hubble:




No comments:

Post a Comment